Lake City, and Ocala, FL
We would like you to know:
• Your eye appointment can take up to two hours or more
• Your eyes will be dilated at every visit. This is the only way for our doctors to examine the back of your eyes. For your safety, we recommend that you have someone drive you home from all of your appointments.
• Please bring any prescription glasses or contact lenses that you currently use.
• Please bring your insurance cards and photo ID so that we can properly bill your insurance.
• Please bring all non-refrigerated prescription medication bottles, including aspirin and eye drops, with you to every appointment.
• If you take any refrigerated prescription medications, please write down the information exactly as it appears on the label. Include dosage, milligram, etc. and bring that with you to every appointment.
We do collect appropriate deductibles, copayments and coinsurance at the time of each visit unless prior arrangements have been made with our business office. We accept cash, checks, Visa, Master Card, American Express and Discover.
If you have been diagnosed with or need surgery for a disease of the retina or vitreous, don't hesitate to schedule an appointment with us today.
Let us help you with your insurance questions! We accept Medicare and most other health care plans.
Be aware, any time you are issued an updated card from your insurance plan, it is your responsibility to provide us a copy before you are seen.
As a new patient, there are a few things we would like for you to know.
Trust your eyes to our experienced eye care professionals - in practice since 1981.
We are not in the Ocala and Lake City offices every day. If you need to bring something to us, please be sure to contact our office before driving to one of these locations to be certain we are there.
We will be sending a letter to your referring eye doctor and primary care physician (unless you specify otherwise) summarizing your visit with us. Please make sure to have the name, telephone number, fax number and address of your primary care physician to give to the front office when you check in.
We will also need to know the name, address and phone number for the pharmacy you use (not mail order) in case we need to prescribe medication for you.